Welcome to the Exhibitor Kit
The 2018 Edmonton Home + Garden Show Exhibitor Kit will be updated approximately 4-6 weeks before the Show - please check back!
**PLEASE NOTE: You are responsible for ordering any and all electrical services that you require for your booth display. If you renewed your booth onsite at the 2016 Edmonton Home + Garden Show, your BASIC electrical will be provided, courtesy of Marketplace Events.
The Exhibitor Kit will not be printed or mailed to you. We're reducing our paper trail by sending out our information by email or posting items on our website. Follow our step by step instructions below to assure you have a well organized, successful show.
Electrical orders can be made through ShowTECH - see Section 5 below.**
Upload your 2017 Exhibitor Listing
2017 Rules and Regulations
2017 Show Checklist
2017 Floor Plan
2017 Must Do's
Northlands, Edmonton Expo Centre
7515 118 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB T5B 4X5
Phone: (780) 491-5547 | (780) 491-5548
*Marketplace Events Team is ONLY at this location during the week of the Show - Tuesday, March 21st - Monday, March 27th, 2017.
Show Dates & Hours:
Thursday, March 22 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Friday, March 23 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Saturday, March 24 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sunday, March 25 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
1. IMPORTANT FORMS
Review, complete and return the following by fax or email as soon as possible, please double check that all of your contact information is correct.
For due dates on all forms, view the 2017 Show Checklist.
• NEW - Please ensure you have read the Edmonton Expo Centre Life Safety and Emergency Alert Notification prior to going onsite.
• Certificate of Insurance Form (Mandatory)
• Don't have insurance? Purchase temporary insurance here.
• Badges - We do not put names on exhibitor badges. Badges are to be picked up during Move-In onsite at the Show Office (Room E2). Click here if you require EXTRA exhibitor badges.
• Discounted Guest Tickets Form
• Contest Request Form (optional)
• Logo Request Form (optional)
• Exhibitor Listing Instructions: make sure you are listed on our website!
• 2017 Customs Forms (for Customs clearance, if required)
2. BOOTH GUIDELINES
Review the booth guidelines to make sure your booth is designed to meet Marketplace Events and Edmonton Expo Centre's standards:
- Booth Design Guidelines
- Edmonton Expo Centre Venue Guide - Read important information regarding fire safety, safety & security, general rules, etc.
- Quick Links to Edmonton Expo Centre Building Policies
NEW REGULATION FOR SOIL/GARDEN DISPLAYS
Displays containing soil, mulch or similar materials must use a fire retardant protective coating such as plastic to protect the floor and all facility equipment. Please note that additional cleaning charges may apply.
NEW REGULATION FOR SIGNAGE & BANNER HANGING
Any signs/objects over 20 lbs. need to be pre-approved by ShowTECH.
3. EXHIBITING TIPS
- How to Exhibit Successfully
- Approaching Visitors on the Show Floor
- Booth & Exhibiting Tips
- Top 10 Money Saving Tips at the Show
4. EXHIBITOR MOVE IN AND MOVE OUT
Sunday 7PM – 10PM (one hour beginning at 6PM is needed for aisle carpet removal) and
Monday 8AM – 12PM.
Early dismantling of your booth may prevent your future participation in our shows.
5. ORDER APPLICABLE SERVICES FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING SHOW SUPPLIERS:
CLICK HERE FOR A DIRECTORY OF SERVICES
Facility Services, Edmonton Expo Centre
2017 ShowTECH Exhibitor Order Forms
- CLICK HERE to order your 4-DAY PARKING PASS
- If you purchase your pass(es) online, you MUST print your pass(es) from home and/or work, as you WILL NOT be able to pick them up onsite
- During move-in ONLY, there will be an attendant at the 79 St. entrance from whom you will be able to purchase passes from VIA CREDIT CARD ONLY. Your receipt from this transaction will have a bar code on it which will serve as your pass to enter the grounds.
- Passes cannot be duplicated as they each have a unique bar code. Duplicate passes will be denied entry.
- You do not need a parking pass during move-in days
- If you have not purchased your parking pass(es) by show open on Thursday, March 23rd, you will have to pay the regular rate of $16/day VIA CREDIT CARD ONLY.
- Exhibitors MUST park in the West Lot or in the Angled Exhibitor Parking behind the halls - subject to availability.
- Exhibitors MUST enter through the 79 St. & Borden Park Road entrance via 112th Ave.
- Parking Pass MUST be scanned upon both entry & exit.
- Parking Pass MUST be displayed and clearly visible on front dash at all times.
- Questions? Northlands Parking: 780-378-7474
- Northlands Parking Map
- Internet Services
2017 ShowTECH ONLINE Ordering
Deadline for ShowTECH discount: March 7, 2017
GES Decorator Services
2017 GES Exhibitor Order Forms
- Signage Hanging
- Ceiling Lighting
- Floor Lighting
- Compressed Air/Natural Gas
2017 GES ONLINE Ordering
Deadline for GES discount: March 3, 2017
- Booth Cleaning
- Furnishings (tables, chairs, etc.)
- Carpet & Under-Padding
- Specialty Furnishings
- GEM Exhibits and Accessories (booths)
- Signs and Graphics
- Installation and Dismantling Labour
- In-Booth Forklift Service
6. EXHIBITOR GUEST TICKETS
Order your exhibitor guest tickets (VIP tickets) at a discounted rate to give to friends, family, current customers, prospective customers or whoever you wish. To place an order, please fill out the Exhibitor Ticket Order Form and fax to 403.253.7878 or scan and email to Sarah.
7. MARKETING OPPORTUNITIES
Extra Marketing Application
Extra Marketing Opportunities
Show Guide Advertising Spec Sheet
Web Button: Increase traffic to your website with our free online button linking your customers to discount tickets to the show. Let Amy know when our web button is posted and we’ll send you 10 free tickets to the show.
Deadline: Friday, March 10, 2017
Follow These Easy steps:
1. Right click on button (below) and save.
2. Load onto your website
3. Set up hyperlink so jpg image links through to our website: www.edmontonhomeandgardenshow.com
4. Email your website link AND your mailing address to Amy
Call us if you have any problems or if you want to discuss any other easy cross-marketing opportunities.
8. SELLING OR SAMPLING FOOD OR BEVERAGE PRODUCTS?
Exhibitors wishing to sell or sample food and/or beverages in their booth must submit proof of insurance, a business license and the following forms to the Edmonton Expo Centre at:
Northlands, Hospitality & Client Services,
P.O. Box 1480, Edmonton, AB, T5J 2N5
Tel. No. (780) 471-7341 Fax No. (780) 471-7172
- Food Sales and Sampling Application Form
- Special Event Vendor Notification
*Please ensure that you have read the Special Event Food Vendor Package
*You MUST also submit the Special Event Vendor Notification Form to:
Ambrose Law, B.Sc., CPHI(C)
Environmental Health Officer / Executive Officer
Alberta Health Services
tel: (780) 735-1820 fax: (780) 735-1802
Alberta Health Services
9. HOTEL INFORMATION
Click here for the Exhibitor Rate at Host Hotel for the week of March 20 - 28, 2017.
Discount Deadline: March 6, 2017
Below is a list of hotels in Edmonton listed by: cost, distance (from the Edmonton Expo Centre) and guest rating. All of the information is from expedia.ca and is subject to change without notice.
Edmonton Hotels by COST
Edmonton Hotels by DISTANCE
Edmonton Hotels by RATING
RenovationFind.com is revolutionizing the renovation industry
RenovationFind.com, a free directory of accredited contractors and renovation companies, protects home owners from being taken advantage of or ripped off by ‘bad contractors’ and aims to change the reputation of the renovation industry.
Michelle Whyte, Exhibit Sales Consultant (Companies A - J)
MichelleW@mpeshows.com 1.866.941.0673, ext. 202
Alex Black, Exhibit Sales Consultant (Companies K - Z)
AlexB@mpeshows.com 1.866.941.0673, ext. 213
Kristy Cairns, Sales Manager
KristyC@mpeshows.com 1.800.633.8332, ext. 231